We’re a small team, so you’ll have plenty of opportunity to collaborate directly with the founders, and this role in particular will have an architectural scope over our continued development of our AWS based technology stack (Amplify, AppSync, CloudFront, Cognito, DynamoDB, ElasticSearch, and Lambda, among others).
In this role, you will:
- Identify opportunities to reduce risk in the codebase and suggest opportunities to improve
- Implement new product features and improve existing ones with an emphasis on maintainability, readability and reusability
- Propose opportunities to improve our engineering processes, tools and team
- Take ownership of key areas related to your responsibilities
- Familiarity with developing applications for NodeJS 10/12 for AWS Lambdas
- Familiarity with AWS SDKs for various technologies (those listed above and others)
- Familiarity with React and/or React Native (our client applications are based on these technologies)
- Experience with document parsing and building data extraction tools using parsing expression grammar (PEG)
A Capbase team member:
- Self motivated and self starting
- Has a keen eye open for their work/life balance
- Able to express themselves clearly in both written and spoken English
In addition to a competitive salary and stock benefits, Capbase is proud to offer the following benefits:
- 25 days annual leave to use for any purpose
- $2,500 to purchase any equipment you need to do your job properly
- $500 per year for professional development to use however you choose (conferences, books, online classes, etc)
- Up to $300/mo in co-working membership allowance (market dependent)
- Healthcare benefits fully paid for the employee, plus 75% covered for all dependents (only in countries without national healthcare)
- An annual, expenses paid, global meetup of Capbase employees somewhere fun in the world
- Up to 3 months paid parental leave
Founded in 2018, Capbase is backed by top-tier fintech VCs and angel investors from Silicon Valley.
Our team consists of smart, humble, and collaborative people distributed across several time zones and countries. Traditionally underrepresented applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. We strive to create an inclusive culture that empowers people from different backgrounds to bring their unique and diverse perspectives to work.
How to Apply
Send an email to email@example.com including:
- Your resume
- Link to your LinkedIn profile
- A summary of a complex, challenging engineering project you worked on in the past, from start to finish. What was challenging about the project? What were the product and business goals the project was trying to achieve?
** Any applications that don't include the requested information will be ignored **