Legal Questions: Can you help me convert my company into a US C Corporation?


Nancy Thanki

Updated 06 March 2021

Contact us to get started with a “Delaware Flip” from your home jurisdiction to a Delaware C Corporation.

Generally, the steps often works in this way:

  1. A new Delaware C corporation is created and a board of directors is created.

  2. The shareholders in the existing non-US company trade their equity in the old company for equity in the new Delaware corporation.

  3. You execute an asset transfer agreement to move any assets in the original company to the new Delaware one.

  4. Subsequent share and option grants are granted through the new Delaware company.

Prior to beginning the process, you will need to consult a lawyer and/or accountant in your home jurisdiction to work through any legal or tax issues that may arise from local laws and tax regulations. While it may seem fairly straightforward at first glance, the process can sometimes have tax complexities and local jurisdiction issues. In either case, we can help connect you with resources if you are unsure where to get started with this process.

Learn more about our features, check out our FAQ, and read our blog for more information.

Get in touch to learn more about Capbase or schedule a call to setup your brand new Delaware C Corp on Capbase! Do you already have a company incorporated elsewhere? Not a problem, send us a bit more info and we'll chat more about your specific needs!

Contact us

If you cannot find the answer to your question, you can always contact us.

Let's chat now
70DD47AF-6E00-4752-8F1A-CE558BE05ECDCreated with sketchtool.
Email us at
70DD47AF-6E00-4752-8F1A-CE558BE05ECDCreated with sketchtool.