Back to Legal Questions

Legal Questions: Do I need a separate registered agent?


Nancy Thanki

Updated 01 September 2022

Capbase is the registered agent in the state of Delaware for companies that are built on our platform. This means that we have a physical presence on your behalf in Delaware to receive mail and make state filings on your behalf. So long as a customer is on our platform, they will not require any additional services (and suffer ongoing fees) to meet the registered agent requirements.

Alternatively, if you use a lawyer or another service to incorporate your company, you will be required to pay an annual fee to maintain compliance by having a registered agent in Delaware to accept mail on your behalf.

Learn more about our features, check out our FAQs, and see our blog for more information.

Get in touch to learn more about Capbase or schedule a call to setup your brand new Delaware C Corp on Capbase! Do you already have a company incorporated elsewhere? Not a problem, send us a bit more info and we'll chat more about your specific needs!

Contact us

If you cannot find the answer to your question, you can always contact us.

Let's chat now
70DD47AF-6E00-4752-8F1A-CE558BE05ECDCreated with sketchtool.
Email us at
70DD47AF-6E00-4752-8F1A-CE558BE05ECDCreated with sketchtool.