The best podcast for entrepreneurs.
Nial DeMena: Making women's pleasure more accessible
Nial DeMena is the CEO and co-founder of Vella Bioscience, a femtech startup dedicated to sexually empowering every woman.
About This Episode
Nial DeMena is the co-founder and CEO of Vella Bioscience, a health femtech company dedicated to sexually empowering every woman. Vella’s flagship product is a nano-encapsulated topical lotion designed to help women achieve better orgasms, no matter their hormonal status.
In our conversation with Nial, we talk about:
- How Vella’s product works
- Deciding on a distribution strategy, direct to consumer vs retail
- Doing business at the intersection of sexual wellness and femtech markets
- Nial’s background and the origin story of Vella
- How scientific discoveries about CBD and sexual stimulation turned into a topical oinment production
- Female Sexual Funtion Index Survey and product validation
- Regulatory issues in the sexual wellness space
- Studying the therapeutical potential of cannabinoids
- Future of Vella’s products, focusing on solving women’s issues
- CBD effectiveness based on the delivery vehicle
- Research transparency and building trust with customers
- Nial’s experiences with fundraising
- Nials advice to first-time founders
Follow Nial 👉 https://www.linkedin.com/in/nial-chase-demena-76872089/
Vella Bioscience 👉 https://vellabio.com/
Follow Greg 👉 https://www.linkedin.com/in/miaskiewicz/
Subscribe to our YouTube channel 👉 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPH9V1NmTSFa0pYotiPVKQ
Kim Roxie is the founder and CEO of LAMIK Beauty, licensed esthetician, motivational speaker, philanthropist and community advocate. Her company is creating makeup products made with organic ingredients that help women of color enhance their beauty.
Aaron Bailey is the CEO & co-founder of Builtfirst, a startup building cloud marketplace platform. Aaron’s company streamlines creation of community-based marketplaces and modernizes how SaaS and services are discovered and purchased.
Dr. Roshawnna Novellus is the founder and CEO of EnrichHER, a Techstars backed FinTech lending platform that streamlines capital deployment process for individual and institutional investors who want to support businesses led by women and people of color. EnrichHER has been in-market since 2019, deploying $14M in capital to traditional businesses from 47 states.