The best podcast for entrepreneurs.
Nial DeMena: Making women's pleasure more accessible
Nial DeMena is the CEO and co-founder of Vella Bioscience, a femtech startup dedicated to sexually empowering every woman.
About This Episode
Nial DeMena is the co-founder and CEO of Vella Bioscience, a health femtech company dedicated to sexually empowering every woman. Vella’s flagship product is a nano-encapsulated topical lotion designed to help women achieve better orgasms, no matter their hormonal status.
In our conversation with Nial, we talk about:
- How Vella’s product works
- Deciding on a distribution strategy, direct to consumer vs retail
- Doing business at the intersection of sexual wellness and femtech markets
- Nial’s background and the origin story of Vella
- How scientific discoveries about CBD and sexual stimulation turned into a topical oinment production
- Female Sexual Funtion Index Survey and product validation
- Regulatory issues in the sexual wellness space
- Studying the therapeutical potential of cannabinoids
- Future of Vella’s products, focusing on solving women’s issues
- CBD effectiveness based on the delivery vehicle
- Research transparency and building trust with customers
- Nial’s experiences with fundraising
- Nials advice to first-time founders
Follow Nial 👉 https://www.linkedin.com/in/nial-chase-demena-76872089/
Vella Bioscience 👉 https://vellabio.com/
Follow Greg 👉 https://www.linkedin.com/in/miaskiewicz/
Subscribe to our YouTube channel 👉 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPH9V1NmTSFa0pYotiPVKQ
Sophia Yen is the CEO and co-founder of Pandia Health, a women-founded and women-led birth control delivery company. Pandia partners with pharmacies and doctors who specialize in women’s health to bring convenient, dignified and stress-free ways of accessing telehealth services.
Ashley Etling is the CEO and co-founder of LimeLoop, a smart shipping platform building reusable packaging and sustainable logistics solutions.
Jill Koziol is the CEO and co-founder of Motherly, an educational platform and lifestyle brand redefining motherhood. Motherly’s goal is building a movement helping women across the world thrive as mothers and make the most of their parenting experience.