The best podcast for entrepreneurs.
Alec Hartman: Revolutionizing the way people buy homes
Alec Hartman is the co-founder and CEO of Welcome Homes, a startup streamlining the way people buy homes online.
About This Episode
Alec Hartman is the CEO and co-founder of Welcome Homes, a startup offering custom-built homes that can be ordered online. Alec has previously built Digital Ocean, a publicly traded company providing cloud infrastructure to help businesses build, deploy and scale applications.
In our conversation with Alec, we cover:
- Evolution of the startup ecosystem in Miami and Florida
- The origin story of Welcome Homes
- Market analysis behind the decision to start building custom-made homes
- How Welcome Homes work and how does it differ from a traditional home building process
- How Welcome Homes changes the work of contractors
- Smart homes and the level of technology that people expect in their homes
- Housing market in the times of remote work and high-speed internet
- Regulatory compliance and building a remote-work dedicated home
- The future of real estate
- Alec’s startup journey, starting Digital Ocean
- The benefits of going through Techstars program with Digital Ocean
- Alec’s three mantras for running a startup
Follow Alec 👉 https://twitter.com/alechartman/
Welcome Homes 👉 https://welcomehomes.com/
Follow Greg 👉 https://www.linkedin.com/in/miaskiewicz/
Subscribe to our YouTube channel 👉 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPH9V1NmTSFa0pYotiPVKQ
Sophia Yen is the CEO and co-founder of Pandia Health, a women-founded and women-led birth control delivery company. Pandia partners with pharmacies and doctors who specialize in women’s health to bring convenient, dignified and stress-free ways of accessing telehealth services.
Ashley Etling is the CEO and co-founder of LimeLoop, a smart shipping platform building reusable packaging and sustainable logistics solutions.
Jill Koziol is the CEO and co-founder of Motherly, an educational platform and lifestyle brand redefining motherhood. Motherly’s goal is building a movement helping women across the world thrive as mothers and make the most of their parenting experience.