The best podcast for entrepreneurs.
Cheryl Contee: Democratizing entrepreneurship for women of color
Cheryl Contee is an entrepreneur, investor, writer, founder of a digital marketing agency Do Big Things, and currently the CEO of the Impact Seat Foundation, an organization that aims to level the playing field for women of color who want to become successful business leaders.
About This Episode
Cheryl Contee is an entrepreneur, investor, writer, founder of a digital marketing agency Do Big Things and currently the CEO of the Impact Seat Foundation, an organization that aims to level the playing field for women of color who want to become successful business leaders. Over the course of her career Cheryl was also successfull in building Attentive.ly, a social listening and marketing automation startup focused on developing tools for non-profits.
In our conversation with Cheryl we cover:
- Story of Attentive.ly and how Cheryl got the idea to build it
- Can developing tools for non-profits be profitable?
- Building first customer relationships
- The early days of Attentive.ly, board structure and role distribution
- First fundraising experiences with Attentive.ly
- The predicament of fundraising as a female founder of color
- Lack of investment diversity in the VC world
- Mission of the Impact Seat Foundation
- Tips for fist time founders
Impact Seat Foundation 👉 https://impactseat.org/
Follow Greg 👉 https://www.linkedin.com/in/miaskiewicz/
Subscribe to our YouTube channel 👉 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPH9V1NmTSFa0pYotiPVKQ
Sophia Yen is the CEO and co-founder of Pandia Health, a women-founded and women-led birth control delivery company. Pandia partners with pharmacies and doctors who specialize in women’s health to bring convenient, dignified and stress-free ways of accessing telehealth services.
Ashley Etling is the CEO and co-founder of LimeLoop, a smart shipping platform building reusable packaging and sustainable logistics solutions.
Jill Koziol is the CEO and co-founder of Motherly, an educational platform and lifestyle brand redefining motherhood. Motherly’s goal is building a movement helping women across the world thrive as mothers and make the most of their parenting experience.