The best podcast for entrepreneurs.
Courtney Caldwell: Revolutionizing revenue generation for beauty industry
Courtney Caldwell is the co-founder and COO of ShearShare, a “Hairbnb” startup that helps salon owners maximize their earnings potential by renting out their spaces to beauty industry professionals.
About This Episode
Courtney Caldwell is the COO and co-founder of ShearShare, a “Hairbnb” startup that helps salon owners rent out their spaces to beauty industry professionals. Courtney talks about how she and her husband, who owns a successful salon, came up with the idea for the business after he started renting out empty space in a salon to make extra money. She talks about how she used the platform to build a network of salon owners. She now works in over 10 countries.
In our conversation with Courtney, we talk about:
- Space as a service, and how ShearShare works
- Why beauty industry professionals are increasingly becoming solopreneurs
- Other industries where ShearShare model applies
- How the idea for ShearShare was born
- Bias against married co-founders in the VC community
- Bootstrapping Shearshare
- Going through 500 Startups batch 19, and getting the first check from an investor
- Racial and gender inequities in venture capital
- In’s and out’s of the salon and barbershop business
- Next steps for ShearShare
- Future of the beauty industry
- Interesting companies to watch in the space
- What is ShearShare looking at when hiring new employees
Follow Courtney 👉 https://www.linkedin.com/in/cdcaldwell/
ShearShare 👉 https://shearshare.com/
Follow Greg 👉 https://www.linkedin.com/in/miaskiewicz/
Subscribe to our YouTube channel 👉 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPH9V1NmTSFa0pYotiPVKQ
Sophia Yen is the CEO and co-founder of Pandia Health, a women-founded and women-led birth control delivery company. Pandia partners with pharmacies and doctors who specialize in women’s health to bring convenient, dignified and stress-free ways of accessing telehealth services.
Ashley Etling is the CEO and co-founder of LimeLoop, a smart shipping platform building reusable packaging and sustainable logistics solutions.
Jill Koziol is the CEO and co-founder of Motherly, an educational platform and lifestyle brand redefining motherhood. Motherly’s goal is building a movement helping women across the world thrive as mothers and make the most of their parenting experience.