The best podcast for entrepreneurs.
Kerry Schrader: Streamlining networking with a mobile app
Kerry Schrader is the CEO and co-founder of Mixtroz, a mobile app boosting event engagement by helping attendees make virtual and in-person connections.
About This Episode
Kerry Schrader is the CEO and co-founder of Mixtroz, a mobile app boosting event engagement by helping attendees make virtual and in-person connections. Kerry is the 37th black female founder to ever raise a $1M+ in a venture-backed pre-seed round.
In our conversation with Kerry, we cover:
- What is Mixtroz, how it works, and what stage is Kerry’s company at
- Building Mixtroz in the midst of pandemic
- Kerry’s background as an HR executive and how she decided to become a founder
- Mixtroz origin story and how Kerry got the idea to build the app
- How Mixtroz is being used on gatherings of 50-50,000 people
- Other potential use cases for Mixtroz
- Finding developers to build the product and the process of building Mixtroz as a non-technical founder
- Getting the first customers and feedback about the product from the HR community
- Mixtroz building in a niche that was overlooked
- Kerry’s experiences with fundraising and startup accelerators
- Startup ecosystem at Birmingham, Alabama
- The evolution of the funding ecosystem, and why certain things get funded more than others
Follow Kerry 👉 https://www.linkedin.com/in/kerryschrader/
Mixtroz 👉 https://www.mixtroz.com/
Follow Greg 👉 https://www.linkedin.com/in/miaskiewicz/
Subscribe to our YouTube channel 👉 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPH9V1NmTSFa0pYotiPVKQ
Sophia Yen is the CEO and co-founder of Pandia Health, a women-founded and women-led birth control delivery company. Pandia partners with pharmacies and doctors who specialize in women’s health to bring convenient, dignified and stress-free ways of accessing telehealth services.
Ashley Etling is the CEO and co-founder of LimeLoop, a smart shipping platform building reusable packaging and sustainable logistics solutions.
Jill Koziol is the CEO and co-founder of Motherly, an educational platform and lifestyle brand redefining motherhood. Motherly’s goal is building a movement helping women across the world thrive as mothers and make the most of their parenting experience.