The best podcast for entrepreneurs.
Kiwi Camara: Automating Law Practices
Kiwi Camara is the CEO and co-founder of DISCO, a publicly traded legal tech company providing cloud-native, AI-powered solutions that simplify ediscovery, case management, and legal document review for law firms and enterprises.
About This Episode
Kiwi Camara is the CEO and co-founder of DISCO, a publicly traded legal tech company that IPOed in 2021. With products and services that apply artificial intelligence (AI) and cloud computing to legal problems to help lawyers and legal teams improve outcomes for their clients, Camara has built a company that creates solutions to modernize the practice of law. Under his leadership, DISCO was recognized as one of the 2019 Deloitte Technology Fast 500 and the 2020 Forbes Cloud 100; Camara was also recognized by The Software Report as one of the Top 50 SaaS CEOs of 2020.
In our conversation with Kiwi, we cover:
- What is DISCO and how lawyers can use it to automate some of their work
- Origins of the state law
- Promising new companies in the legal tech space
- Two types of legal tech companies
- Why are law firms adopting solutions like DISCO
- The story of Atrium
- What it takes to innovate in the legal space
- Origin story of DISCO, which was spun off Kiwi’s legal practice in Texas
- The evolution of document management in law practices
- Growing DISCO and the first financing round
- What traits to look for when hiring your first employees
- What changed in the business because of the IPO
- Tips for first-time founders
Follow Kiwi 👉 https://www.kiwicamara.com/
DISCO 👉 https://csdisco.com/
Follow Greg 👉 https://www.linkedin.com/in/miaskiewicz/
Subscribe to our YouTube channel 👉 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPH9V1NmTSFa0pYotiPVKQ
Sophia Yen is the CEO and co-founder of Pandia Health, a women-founded and women-led birth control delivery company. Pandia partners with pharmacies and doctors who specialize in women’s health to bring convenient, dignified and stress-free ways of accessing telehealth services.
Ashley Etling is the CEO and co-founder of LimeLoop, a smart shipping platform building reusable packaging and sustainable logistics solutions.
Jill Koziol is the CEO and co-founder of Motherly, an educational platform and lifestyle brand redefining motherhood. Motherly’s goal is building a movement helping women across the world thrive as mothers and make the most of their parenting experience.