The best podcast for entrepreneurs.
Lisa Gelobter: Reducing bias and discrimination in the workplace
Lisa Gelobter is the CEO and co-founder of tEQuitable, an independent, confidential platform helping companies address issues of bias, discrimination and harassment in the workplace.
About This Episode
Lisa Gelobter is the CEO and co-founder of tEQuitable. Her company focuses on making workplaces more fair, and giving people a safe place to talk about bias, harassment, and discrimination in a private setting. Lisa's expansive background includes working on groundbreaking multimedia projects like Shockwave, Hulu, Viacom, and serving as Chief Digital Service Officer for the US Department of Education during the presidency of Barack Obama.
In our conversation with Lisa, we cover:
- tEQuitable’s mission and using technology to reduce harassment in a workplace
- What types of organizations tEQuitable works with
- Equitable workplace in the era of global remote work
- Workplace surveys and confidentiality
- Addressing different definitions of diversity and inclusion based on cultural contexts
- Lisa’s background, working on Shockwave, Hulu, Viacom, and Chief Digital Service Officer for US Department of Education
- The origin story of tEQuitable and what made Lisa pursue this idea
- How startup world can become more inclusive
- Upward mobility amongst immigrants and minorities in the US
- Building a diverse workplace from the very beginning
- Next steps for tEQuitable
Follow Lisa 👉 https://www.linkedin.com/in/lisagelobter/
tEQuitable 👉 https://www.tequitable.com/
Follow Greg 👉 https://www.linkedin.com/in/miaskiewicz/
Subscribe to our YouTube channel 👉 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPH9V1NmTSFa0pYotiPVKQ
Sophia Yen is the CEO and co-founder of Pandia Health, a women-founded and women-led birth control delivery company. Pandia partners with pharmacies and doctors who specialize in women’s health to bring convenient, dignified and stress-free ways of accessing telehealth services.
Ashley Etling is the CEO and co-founder of LimeLoop, a smart shipping platform building reusable packaging and sustainable logistics solutions.
Jill Koziol is the CEO and co-founder of Motherly, an educational platform and lifestyle brand redefining motherhood. Motherly’s goal is building a movement helping women across the world thrive as mothers and make the most of their parenting experience.