The best podcast for entrepreneurs.
Melissa Pancoast: Simplifying the path to financial success
Melissa Pancoast is the founder and CEO of The Beans, an app helping people manage their finances in stressfree way.
About This Episode
Melissa Pancoast is the founder and CEO of The Beans, an app helping people manage their finances in stressfree way. Melissa actually started her career as a teacher, but eventually left that behind to study how people think and feel about money at Oxford. Partially as a result of the she ended up starting The Beans, which is aimed to simplify financial management for middle-class Americans.
In our conversation with Melissa, we talk about:
- Why Melissa’s startup is called The Beans
- How is The Beans different from other finance management solutions in the space
- How Melissa’s studies at Oxford influenced the idea behind her company
- Melissa’s co-founder experiences, and going through a “co-founder break-up”
- What’s next for The Beans
- Market research and acquiring first users for The Beans
- Why is dealing with finances is often challenging to people
- The real issue behind what personal fin-tech is trying to solve
- Melissa’s experiences with fundraising
Follow Melissa 👉 https://www.linkedin.com/in/mgpancoast/
The Beans 👉 https://join.thebeans.io/
Follow Greg 👉 https://www.linkedin.com/in/miaskiewicz/
Subscribe to our YouTube channel 👉 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPH9V1NmTSFa0pYotiPVKQ
Sophia Yen is the CEO and co-founder of Pandia Health, a women-founded and women-led birth control delivery company. Pandia partners with pharmacies and doctors who specialize in women’s health to bring convenient, dignified and stress-free ways of accessing telehealth services.
Ashley Etling is the CEO and co-founder of LimeLoop, a smart shipping platform building reusable packaging and sustainable logistics solutions.
Jill Koziol is the CEO and co-founder of Motherly, an educational platform and lifestyle brand redefining motherhood. Motherly’s goal is building a movement helping women across the world thrive as mothers and make the most of their parenting experience.