The best podcast for entrepreneurs.
Melissa Pancoast: Simplifying the path to financial success
Melissa Pancoast is the founder and CEO of The Beans, an app helping people manage their finances in stressfree way.
About This Episode
Melissa Pancoast is the founder and CEO of The Beans, an app helping people manage their finances in stressfree way. Melissa actually started her career as a teacher, but eventually left that behind to study how people think and feel about money at Oxford. Partially as a result of the she ended up starting The Beans, which is aimed to simplify financial management for middle-class Americans.
In our conversation with Melissa, we talk about:
- Why Melissa’s startup is called The Beans
- How is The Beans different from other finance management solutions in the space
- How Melissa’s studies at Oxford influenced the idea behind her company
- Melissa’s co-founder experiences, and going through a “co-founder break-up”
- What’s next for The Beans
- Market research and acquiring first users for The Beans
- Why is dealing with finances is often challenging to people
- The real issue behind what personal fin-tech is trying to solve
- Melissa’s experiences with fundraising
Follow Melissa 👉 https://www.linkedin.com/in/mgpancoast/
The Beans 👉 https://join.thebeans.io/
Follow Greg 👉 https://www.linkedin.com/in/miaskiewicz/
Subscribe to our YouTube channel 👉 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPH9V1NmTSFa0pYotiPVKQ
Kim Roxie is the founder and CEO of LAMIK Beauty, licensed esthetician, motivational speaker, philanthropist and community advocate. Her company is creating makeup products made with organic ingredients that help women of color enhance their beauty.
Aaron Bailey is the CEO & co-founder of Builtfirst, a startup building cloud marketplace platform. Aaron’s company streamlines creation of community-based marketplaces and modernizes how SaaS and services are discovered and purchased.
Dr. Roshawnna Novellus is the founder and CEO of EnrichHER, a Techstars backed FinTech lending platform that streamlines capital deployment process for individual and institutional investors who want to support businesses led by women and people of color. EnrichHER has been in-market since 2019, deploying $14M in capital to traditional businesses from 47 states.