The best podcast for entrepreneurs.
Melissa Pancoast: Simplifying the path to financial success
Melissa Pancoast is the founder and CEO of The Beans, an app helping people manage their finances in stressfree way.
About This Episode
Melissa Pancoast is the founder and CEO of The Beans, an app helping people manage their finances in stressfree way. Melissa actually started her career as a teacher, but eventually left that behind to study how people think and feel about money at Oxford. Partially as a result of the she ended up starting The Beans, which is aimed to simplify financial management for middle-class Americans.
In our conversation with Melissa, we talk about:
- Why Melissa’s startup is called The Beans
- How is The Beans different from other finance management solutions in the space
- How Melissa’s studies at Oxford influenced the idea behind her company
- Melissa’s co-founder experiences, and going through a “co-founder break-up”
- What’s next for The Beans
- Market research and acquiring first users for The Beans
- Why is dealing with finances is often challenging to people
- The real issue behind what personal fin-tech is trying to solve
- Melissa’s experiences with fundraising
Follow Melissa 👉 https://www.linkedin.com/in/mgpancoast/
The Beans 👉 https://join.thebeans.io/
Follow Greg 👉 https://www.linkedin.com/in/miaskiewicz/
Subscribe to our YouTube channel 👉 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPH9V1NmTSFa0pYotiPVKQ
Nial DeMena is the CEO and co-founder of Vella Bioscience, a femtech startup dedicated to sexually empowering every woman. Vella’s flagship product is a pre-play topical serum designed to help women achieve better orgasms, no matter their hormonal status.
Kerry Schrader is the CEO and co-founder of Mixtroz, a mobile app boosting event engagement by helping attendees make virtual and in-person connections. Kerry is the 37th black female founder to ever raise $1M+ in a venture-backed pre-seed round.