The best podcast for entrepreneurs.
Richard White: Streamlining note-taking for Zoom calls
Richard White is a serial entrepreneur, founder & CEO of Fathom and previously User Voice.
About This Episode
Richard White is a serial entrepreneur, founder & CEO of Fathom and previously User Voice, a company founded back in 2007 that provided a better way of understand and managing user feedback. Richard’s current company is a Y-Combinator backed startup, building a free app that records, transcribes & highlights Zoom calls.
In our conversation with Richard, we cover:
- What Richard is working on with Fathom Video
- Richard’s startup journey, working on Kiko with Justin Kan and Emmet Shear, early Y Combinator days, starting User Voice
- Selling Kiko on eBay for quarter million dollars
- Finding a co-founder for User Voice on Craigslist
- Role distribution between co-founders in User Voice
- Building User Voice: MVP, incorporating, raising the first check
- The experience of doing Y Combinator as a repeat founder
- How the idea for Fathom came about and what are its use cases
- Risks of building a product that is dedicated to one platform
- Advice to first-time founders
Follow Fathom 👉 https://fathom.video/
Follow Greg 👉 https://www.linkedin.com/in/miaskiewicz/
Subscribe to our YouTube channel 👉 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPH9V1NmTSFa0pYotiPVKQ
Sophia Yen is the CEO and co-founder of Pandia Health, a women-founded and women-led birth control delivery company. Pandia partners with pharmacies and doctors who specialize in women’s health to bring convenient, dignified and stress-free ways of accessing telehealth services.
Ashley Etling is the CEO and co-founder of LimeLoop, a smart shipping platform building reusable packaging and sustainable logistics solutions.
Jill Koziol is the CEO and co-founder of Motherly, an educational platform and lifestyle brand redefining motherhood. Motherly’s goal is building a movement helping women across the world thrive as mothers and make the most of their parenting experience.