The best podcast for entrepreneurs.
Sahin Boydas: Streamlining remote work for international teams
Sahin Boydas is a serial entrepreneur, born in the US, grew up in Turkey, who most recently founded RemoteTeam, a startup building software for remote hiring and international payroll.
About This Episode
Sahin Boydas is a serial entrepreneur and most recently the CEO and founder of RemoteTeam, a startup building tools for remote hiring and international payroll that was acquired by Gusto back in 2021.
In our conversation with Sahin we cover:
- Sahin’s entrepreneurial background and first businesses
- The aftermath of the Gusto acquisition
- How pre-existing conditions influenced Sahin’s idea to build an international payroll solution
- How partnerships can turn into acquisitions
- Sahin’s interest in technology and how it started
- Building an ecommerce website for used phones in Turkey while only 17 years old
- Sahin’s businesses in Turkey and coming to Silicon Valley
- Building the first business in the US (MovieLaLa) and selling to GfyCat
- Sahin’s tips on hiring for early-stage startups
- Raising first money for startups
- Differences in startup funding between US and Turkey
- Skillset of a successful founder
Follow Sahin 👉 https://www.linkedin.com/in/aibrahima/
Remote Teams (Gusto) 👉 https://www.remoteteam.com/
Follow Greg 👉 https://www.linkedin.com/in/miaskiewicz/
Subscribe to our YouTube channel 👉 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPH9V1NmTSFa0pYotiPVKQ
Sophia Yen is the CEO and co-founder of Pandia Health, a women-founded and women-led birth control delivery company. Pandia partners with pharmacies and doctors who specialize in women’s health to bring convenient, dignified and stress-free ways of accessing telehealth services.
Ashley Etling is the CEO and co-founder of LimeLoop, a smart shipping platform building reusable packaging and sustainable logistics solutions.
Jill Koziol is the CEO and co-founder of Motherly, an educational platform and lifestyle brand redefining motherhood. Motherly’s goal is building a movement helping women across the world thrive as mothers and make the most of their parenting experience.