The best podcast for entrepreneurs.
Tara Viswanathan: Democratizing root cause medicine
Tara Viswanathan is the co-founder and CEO of Rupa Health, a health startup focused on expanding access to root cause medicine and modernizing the process of ordering specialty lab tests.
About This Episode
Tara Viswanathan is the CEO and co-founder of Rupa Health, a health startup modernizing the process of ordering specialty labs. Rupa Health’s primary mission is to bring root cause medicine to every person on the planet.
In our conversation with Tara we talked about:
- What is root cause medicine
- Rupa Health’s mission
- Predicament of taking a lot of prescription drugs
- Evolution of healthcare and pharmaceutical industry
- Chronic illnesses as the biggest threat to human life
- Connection between mental and physical health
- Americans’ nutrition and dietary habits
- Gut biome issues and treatment
- Tara’s personal story behind the decision to start Rupa Health
- Finding her first co-founder thanks to a joke
- Early days of Rupa Health, finding product-market fit
- Equity and role distribution between co-founders
- What is next for Rupa Health
- Advice for first-time founders
Follow Tara 👉 http://www.taraviswanathan.com/
Rupa Health 👉 https://www.rupahealth.com/
Follow Greg 👉 https://www.linkedin.com/in/miaskiewicz/
Subscribe to our YouTube channel 👉 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPH9V1NmTSFa0pYotiPVKQ
Sophia Yen is the CEO and co-founder of Pandia Health, a women-founded and women-led birth control delivery company. Pandia partners with pharmacies and doctors who specialize in women’s health to bring convenient, dignified and stress-free ways of accessing telehealth services.
Ashley Etling is the CEO and co-founder of LimeLoop, a smart shipping platform building reusable packaging and sustainable logistics solutions.
Jill Koziol is the CEO and co-founder of Motherly, an educational platform and lifestyle brand redefining motherhood. Motherly’s goal is building a movement helping women across the world thrive as mothers and make the most of their parenting experience.