The best podcast for entrepreneurs.
Viola Llewellyn: Building Sharia-compliant fintech products
Viola Llewellyn is the president and co-founder of Ovamba Solutions, a fintech startup working on financing products for the trade and commodities sectors in Africa and other developing markets.
About This Episode
Viola Llewellyn is the president and co-founder of Ovamba Solutions, an award-winning fintech platform designed to support the trade and commodities sector development in Africa. Ovamba is an ecosystem that helps African businesses with short term financing and enables sharia compliant funding structures.
In our conversation with Viola, we cover:
- Startup ecosystem and investors in the DC area
- Origin story and the evolution of Ovamba
- Intricacies of financing commodities market in Africa
- Building unique data sets based on inventory and assets movement
- Ovamba’s customer profile
- Expanding Ovamba into other continents
- Ovamba as a digitized Islamic finance solution
- Bblockchain’s role in disrupting the commodities market in developing countries
- Viola on meeting her co-founder Marvin Cole
- Getting the first users for Ovamba
- First fundraising experiences with Ovamba
- Ideas for making the startup ecosystem more inclusive
- Tips for first time founders
Follow Viola 👉 https://www.linkedin.com/in/vallewellyn/
Ovamba 👉 https://www.ovamba.com/
Follow Greg 👉 https://www.linkedin.com/in/miaskiewicz/
Subscribe to our YouTube channel 👉 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPH9V1NmTSFa0pYotiPVKQ
Sophia Yen is the CEO and co-founder of Pandia Health, a women-founded and women-led birth control delivery company. Pandia partners with pharmacies and doctors who specialize in women’s health to bring convenient, dignified and stress-free ways of accessing telehealth services.
Ashley Etling is the CEO and co-founder of LimeLoop, a smart shipping platform building reusable packaging and sustainable logistics solutions.
Jill Koziol is the CEO and co-founder of Motherly, an educational platform and lifestyle brand redefining motherhood. Motherly’s goal is building a movement helping women across the world thrive as mothers and make the most of their parenting experience.